Production and Quality Control Structure
Quality is our top priority at all times.
Our objective is to contribute to the advancement and progress of our culture through a consistent supply,
under all circumstances, of high quality products in large volumes to the global market.
Basic Quality Assurance Policy
- Promote internal standardization for the whole company and establish structures for QC management by data.
- Conduct comprehensive and continuous research for the development of new technologies and products.
- Proactively utilize methods of statistical control for all areas of company activities.
- Establish quality assurance structures for all manufacturing processes.
- Exert effort for cost reductions of each product by continual modernization of manufacturing systems.
- Secure quality assurance programs of raw materials and components with our suppliers through contracts.
Certification of quality ISO9001/IATF16949
All LAPIS Semiconductor sites, including overseas plants and cooperating companies, obtained ISO9001 certificate which is an international quality standard.
LAPIS Semiconductor is pursuing a development and production of the product which secured the high reliability and the stability of quality with which a customer can be satisfied.
The measure for earth environment
LAPIS Semiconductor’s everlasting conscientiousness to preserve the global environment contributes to the healthy existence of humanity and to the continued prosperity of the company.
- Conserve energy by initiating innovative methods in all corporate activities.
- Develop environmentally-conscious products that minimize the environmental burden by employing responsible processes throughout the life cycle of each product.
- Give priority to the procurement of materials and products that have the least levels of adverse impact on the environment.
- Promote effective utilization of resources and strive for the prevention of pollution and conservation of biodiversity toward the realization of a sustainable society.
- Comply with international and national environmental laws and regional agreements and other customer requirements to which we have agreed.
- Endeavor to train employees and encourage our constituents to actively care for their surroundings and the global environment.
- Develop positive relationships with the community through contributions to the local environment and the proper disclosure of environmental data.
- Continuously improve subjects by creating and carrying out the environmental objectives, and their action plans to enhance environmental performance.
LAPIS Semiconductor obtained ISO 14001 certificate not only in LAPIS Semiconductor Miyazaki and LAPIS Semiconductor Miyagi which are production bases but also in the Shin-Yokohama area which is development and administration division, and using this structure effectively LAPIS Semiconductor has taken various measures for minimizing the effects on environment affected by a lot of energies and chemical substances needed for production of LSI.
On the other hand, since LSI achieves a contribution greatly to energy saving and saving resources at the time of use, in order to expand this characteristic further, LAPIS Semiconductor has adopted the mechanism of considering environment at the time of a new product design.
For example, LAPIS Semiconductor greatly contributes to mobile computing devices, such as portable cellular phones with much constraint in power source or size, by promoting the WCSP technology of realizing micro-size and weight saving compared with former type semiconductor packages.
Occupational Health & Safety Policy
Health & Safety Policy
Recognizing that Safety & Health is one of the most important issues in all business activities , we are taking a proactive approach in creating safe and comfortable working environment , in maintaining and enhancing the physical and mental well being, in adherence with the spirit of CSR.
- We abide by the safety & health-related laws, other requirements and internal regulations.
- We conduct risk assessments to identify the hazards and the magnitude of risks in the workplace, for which countermeasures to reduce the risk levels are implemented, thereby preventing occupational accidents.
- We exert efforts to increase the awareness concerning safety & health by providing scheduled education, training, etc., and strive to prevent injuries, physical and mental illnesses by creating comfortable workplaces through voluntary activities.
- We establish and execute safety & health objectives and implementation plans for continual improvement of issues and strive for further enhancement through periodic reviews.